Last Updated on: 12th September 2023, 02:07 pm
If you’re a proud owner of a Levoit air purifier or are considering getting one, you might be curious about its energy consumption. After all, we all want to breathe clean air without breaking the bank.
Let’s look into the electricity usage of various Levoit air purifiers, including the Levoit Core 200S, Core 300, Core 300S, Core 400S Smart, and LV-PUR131. We’ll discuss the factors that affect energy consumption and provide you with an estimated cost of operation. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- Levoit Air Purifier Energy Usage & Wattage Chart
- Factors Affecting Electricity Consumption
- Cost Of Levoit Air Purifier Electricity Usage
Levoit Air Purifier Energy Usage & Wattage Chart
We’ve created a simple chart to help you visualize the energy consumption of each Levoit air purifier model. This chart compares their wattage and energy usage so you can make an informed decision when choosing an air purifier.
These numbers are based on average usage, which may vary depending on air quality and how often you run your purifier.
Factors Affecting Electricity Consumption
Several factors can impact the energy consumption of your Levoit air purifier. Here are some of the main factors to keep in mind:
- Fan speed: Most air purifiers, including the Levoit models, have multiple fan speeds. Running your purifier at a higher speed consumes more electricity. If you don’t need maximum air filtration, consider using lower fan speeds to save on electricity.
- Air quality: The worse the air quality, the harder your air purifier has to filter pollutants. Consequently, this will increase its energy consumption. Suppose you live in an area with poor air quality. You may need to run your air purifier more frequently, which can increase energy consumption.
- Frequency of use: The more you use your air purifier, the more electricity it will consume. To minimize energy usage, consider running your purifier only when necessary. Many Levoit models, like the Core 300S and Core 400S Smart, have smart features that automatically adjust their settings based on air quality.
- Filter condition: A clogged or dirty filter can force your air purifier to work harder and consume more energy. Ensure you replace or clean your filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations to keep your air purifier running efficiently.
Cost Of Levoit Air Purifier Electricity Usage
Now that you know how much electricity each Levoit air purifier model consumes, let’s calculate the cost of operation. Remember that the actual cost will vary depending on your electricity rates, which can differ based on location and provider.
To calculate the annual electricity cost of running an air purifier, multiply its energy usage (kWh/month) by your electricity rate (in dollars per kWh). For example, if your electricity rate is $0.12 per kWh, the annual cost of running a Levoit Core 200S would be:
28.8 kWh/month * $0.12/kWh = $3.46/month
Following the same calculation, let’s find out the annual electricity costs for the other Levoit air purifier models:
- Levoit Core 300: 38.0 kWh/month* $0.12/kWh = $4.56/month
- Levoit Core 300S: 40.3 kWh/month* $0.12/kWh = $4.84/month
- Levoit Core 400S Smart: 48.0 kWh/month* $0.12/kWh = $5.76/month
- Levoit LV-PUR131: 50.4 kWh/month* $0.12/kWh = $6.05/month
Remember that these calculations are based on an average electricity rate of $0.12 per kWh. You should adjust the calculations according to your local electricity rate for a more accurate annual cost estimate.
It’s also worth mentioning that these costs are quite minimal compared to other household appliances. For instance, running an air purifier generally costs less than using a refrigerator, air conditioner, or space heater.
Levoit air purifiers are known for their efficient air filtration and relatively low power consumption. When considering the energy usage of these devices, it’s essential to factor in fan speed, air quality, frequency of use, and filter condition. Based on our calculations, the annual electricity costs for Levoit air purifiers range from $3.46 for the Core 200S to $6.05 for the LV-PUR131, making them an affordable option for maintaining good air quality in your home.
By keeping an eye on these factors and choosing the suitable model for your needs, you can breathe easy knowing that you’re not only providing a cleaner environment for yourself and your loved ones but also minimizing your impact on the environment and your wallet. Happy breathing!