Last Updated on: 11th December 2023, 07:47 pm
Are you looking to replace your Levoit air purifier‘s filter but need help determining where to begin? You’ve come to the right place! In this friendly and easy-to-understand guide, we’ll talk about Levoit air purifier filter replacements, including how to do it, how often you should change the filter and the difference between HEPA and carbon filters. Let’s dive right in!
Table of Contents
- Chart Of The Different Filters For A Specific Model
- How To Change A Levoit Filter
- How Often Should You Change The Air Purifier Filter?
- Are Levoit Replacement Filters Washable?
- HEPA vs. Carbon Filter
Chart Of The Different Filters For A Specific Model
Which filter do you need for your specific Levoit air purifier model? No worries! Here’s a simple chart to help you find the right filter for your air purifier:
|Type of Filter Needed
|LV-H132-RF (True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filter)
|Levoit Core 300
|Core 300-RF (True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filter)
|Core Mini-RF (True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filter)
|Pet-RF (True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filter)
|Core 400S-RF (True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filter)
How To Change A Levoit Filter
Replacing the filter on your Levoit air purifier is a breeze! Just follow these simple steps:
- Turn off and unplug the air purifier: Before you begin, turn off your air purifier and unplug it from the wall. Safety first!
- Remove the filter cover: Depending on your model, the filter cover might be at the bottom or the back of the unit. Gently remove the cover to access the filter.
- Take out the old filter: Carefully remove the old filter. If you see a purifier red light or a change filter light, it’s time for a new filter.
- Clean the air purifier: Now that the filter is out, take the time to clean your Levoit air purifier. Use a soft cloth or a vacuum with a brush attachment to remove dust or debris.
- Insert the new filter: Make sure the new filter is compatible with your air purifier model. Place the new filter inside the unit, ensuring it fits snugly.
- Replace the filter cover: Put it back in place and make sure it’s secure.
- Reset the filter indicator: If your air purifier has a filter indicator, press and hold the reset button until the light turns off.
- Plug in and turn on the air purifier: Your air purifier is now ready to use with a fresh filter!
How Often Should You Change The Air Purifier Filter?
The frequency of filter replacements depends on your air purifier usage and the air quality in your environment. Generally, Levoit recommends changing the HEPA filter every 6-8 months and the activated carbon filter every three months. However, suppose you live in an area with poor air quality or have high pollen or particle levels. In that case, you should replace the filters more frequently.
Are Levoit Replacement Filters Washable?
While some air purifier filters are washable, Levoit replacement filters are not. Washing a Levoit filter can damage the filtration material and decrease its effectiveness. It’s essential to replace the filter with a new one when it’s time to change.
HEPA vs. Carbon Filter
Regarding air purifiers, you might come across two common filters: HEPA and carbon filters. Let’s take a closer look at their differences and how they work together in your Levoit air purifier:
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. A HEPA filter is designed to capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns in size. This includes dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses. HEPA filters are essential for improving indoor air quality, especially for allergy sufferers.
Activated Carbon Filter
An activated carbon filter, on the other hand, focuses on removing odors, smoke, and chemical fumes. The carbon material’s porous structure helps trap and neutralize these substances, improving the overall air quality. Activated carbon filters are especially useful in homes with smokers or areas with a strong smell, such as kitchens.
Levoit air purifiers often include HEPA and activated carbon filters, providing a comprehensive filtration solution. The HEPA filter tackles airborne particles, while the activated carbon filter handles odors and fumes. The result is cleaner, fresher air for you and your loved ones.
Replacing the filter on your Levoit air purifier is essential to maintaining optimal air quality in your home. Ensure you’re using the right filter for your specific model, and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for filter replacement frequency. Remember that Levoit filters are not washable and should be replaced with new ones when it’s time to change.
With HEPA and activated carbon filters, your Levoit air purifier will continue to keep your indoor air clean and fresh, so you can breathe easy knowing you’re providing a healthier environment for yourself and your loved ones.