Last Updated on: 18th September 2023, 05:43 pm
So, you’ve got yourself a Levoit air purifier, huh? Congratulations! These fantastic devices can help improve the air quality in your home by removing allergens, dust, and other unwanted particles.
Let’s walk you through everything you need about your new Levoit air purifier, from setup to usage, placement, and settings. We’ll cover popular models like the Levoit Core 200S, LV-H132, and Core 300. Ready? Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- How To Set Up Levoit Air Purifier – Step By Step
- How To Use Levoit Air Purifier – Step By Step
- Where To Place Levoit Air Purifier
- How Long Should I Run My Levoit Air Purifier
How To Set Up Levoit Air Purifier – Step By Step
Setting up your Levoit air purifier is a breeze! Just follow these simple steps:
- Unbox your air purifier: Carefully remove the air purifier from its packaging. Be sure to keep the Levoit humidifier manual handy for future reference.
- Remove the plastic wrap: Most Levoit models, like the LV-H132 and Core 200S, come with plastic wrap covering the filter. Remove the back cover, remove the filter, and remove the plastic wrap. Make sure to replace the filter correctly before putting the cover back on.
- Plug it in: Find a suitable spot for your air purifier (we’ll discuss this more in the “Where to Place Levoit Air Purifier” section) and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Turn it on: Press the power button to start your air purifier. You’re all set!
How To Use Levoit Air Purifier – Step By Step
Now that your air purifier is set up, let’s go over how to use it:
Press the power button to turn on your Levoit air purifier. The default setting for most models is the medium fan speed.
Choose a fan speed.
Use the fan speed button to toggle between low, medium, and high settings. For the Core 200S, there’s even a Turbo setting for extra power.
Activate Sleep/Night Mode.
If you want your air purifier to run quietly while you sleep, press the Sleep or Night Mode button. This will reduce the fan speed and dim the lights on the device.
Monitor the filter.
Keep an eye on the check filter light, illuminating when it’s time to clean or replace it. Follow your specific model’s filter cleaning instructions in the Levoit humidifier manual.
Turn it off.
Press the power button when you’re ready to turn off your air purifier.
Where To Place Levoit Air Purifier
Finding the right spot for your Levoit air purifier is essential for optimal performance. Here are a few tips:
- Place the air purifier in the room where you spend the most time, like the living room or bedroom.
- Keep it at least 15 inches from walls and furniture for proper airflow.
- Avoid placing it near electronics or heat sources, which can interfere with the air cleaner’s performance.
- Don’t place it on a high pile carpet, which may obstruct the air intake.
How Long Should I Run My Levoit Air Purifier
The recommended usage for Levoit air purifiers varies depending on the model and your needs. Running your air purifier continuously for the best results is a good idea. However, you want to conserve energy or only use it at home. In that case, you can adjust the runtime accordingly. For example, the Levoit Core 200S and Core 300 models feature a timer function that allows you to set the purifier to run for a specific duration, such as 2, 4, or 8 hours.
If you have allergies or asthma, running the air purifier continuously can provide significant relief by consistently maintaining clean air in your living space. Additionally, they live in an area with high pollution levels or have pets. Continuous use can help mitigate these factors and improve your overall air quality.
Let’s explore some of the key settings and features you’ll find on your Levoit air purifier.
Night Mode / Sleep Mode
Night or Sleep Mode is a fantastic feature for those who want a peaceful and quiet environment while they sleep. When activated, this mode reduces the fan speed and dims the lights on the air purifier. Press the corresponding button on the control panel to enable Night Mode on models like the Core 200S or LV-H132.
Levoit air purifiers have intuitive control panels with buttons for various functions. Standard buttons you’ll find on models like the Core 200S, LV-H132, and Core 300 include the following:
- Power: Turns the air purifier on or off.
- Fan Speed: Cycles through the different fan speed settings.
- Night Mode / Sleep Mode: Activates the quiet mode for nighttime use.
- Timer: This allows you to set a timer for the air purifier to run for a specific duration.
- Filter Reset: Resets the check filter light after you’ve cleaned or replaced the filter.
Some Levoit air purifiers, like the LV-H128, feature a color-coded air quality indicator. This helpful feature provides a visual representation of the air quality in your room. The color indicator typically ranges from blue (excellent air quality) to red (poor air quality). Additional colors like green and yellow represent intermediate air quality levels.
Your new Levoit air purifier is an excellent investment in your home’s air quality, especially if you suffer from allergies or asthma or want to breathe cleaner air. By following this friendly and casual guide, you’ll have no trouble setting up, using, and maintaining your Levoit air purifier, whether it’s the Core 200S, LV-H132, Core 300, or another model. Check the filter regularly and consult your Levoit humidifier manual for filter cleaning or replacement instructions.
With your Levoit air purifier working hard to keep your home’s air fresh and clean, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the benefits of a healthier living environment. Happy breathing! Check out our review of Levoit air purifiers here.