Last Updated on: 12th September 2023, 03:29 pm
This post will guide you on stealth vaping indoors. Also, you’ll find the five most effective ways to stealth vape to help you eliminate vape smoke in rooms.
Disclaimer: Remember that you must be over 18 (21 in some countries/states) to own any vaping product. Also, this website is reader-supported and may contain affiliate links.
Vaping is not a healthy habit, but it’s still popular and relatively harmless compared to cigarette smoking. A lot of people are switching to e-cigarettes and vape pens. But you might want to hide your vape habit from people in your household who don’t approve of vaping or from people you’re trying to impress.
Table of Contents
- Method 1 – Stealth Vaping
- Method 2 – Open Windows When You Vape
- Method 3 – Use A Trap Device
- Method 4 – Use an Air Purifier When You Vape
- Method 5 – Switch from Nicotine Vaping (The Best Way)
- How to Get Rid Of Vape Clouds
- More Tips And Tricks For Hiding Vape Smoke Clouds
- How To Hide A Vape At Home
- Winding Up Your Vapes
I enjoyed smoking a vape inside my room and lying on my bed, and you might as well. As you know, vape pens create big clouds in your mouth, which can sometimes cause serious issues if you smoke indoors. If you are living with Non-smokers, you might want to hide vape smoke as they don’t like the smell of a vape pen and the foggy environment due to vape smoke.
Also, you might want to hide your vaping habit from your parents, boss, or even guests coming to your home. Additionally, vape smoke may set off smoke in large buildings with smoke detectors.
While it is not recommended to vape regularly as a habit, and health professionals urge you to give up all kinds of smoking habits, here are the five effective options to reduce the amount while vaping indoors or in another confined place.
Method 1 – Stealth Vaping
What Is Stealth Vaping (Or Zero Vaping)?
Stealth vaping is the discreet and often undetectable act of using an electronic cigarette or vaporizer. The goal is to minimize vapor production, odor, and visibility, allowing vapers to use their devices when traditional vaping is frowned upon or prohibited. This is achieved by using low-powered devices, choosing e-liquids with subtle flavors, and employing techniques to conceal vapor exhalation, such as holding the vapor in the lungs for a longer time or exhaling into clothing or a napkin.
While stealth vaping may seem like a convenient solution for some, it is important to remember that it is still subject to local laws and regulations, and respecting no-vaping zones is essential for maintaining a positive image for the vaping community.
How To Stealth Vape
Stealth vaping involves discreetly using an e-cigarette or vaporizer to minimize vapor production, odor, and visibility. Here are some tips on how to stealth vape effectively:
- Choose a low-powered device: Opt for a small, low-wattage device with minimal vapor production, such as a pod system or a low-output vape pen. These devices are not only more discreet but also easier to conceal.
- Select the right e-liquid: Use e-liquids with higher PG (propylene glycol) to VG (vegetable glycerin) ratios, as PG produces less vapor than VG. Additionally, choose e-liquids with subtle or no flavors to minimize the scent.
- Adjust airflow settings: If your device has adjustable airflow, reduce it to limit the amount of vapor produced.
- Inhale slowly and deeply: Take longer, slower drag to reduce the volume of vapor produced. Hold the vapor in your lungs for a few seconds before exhaling to give it more time to dissipate.
- Exhale discreetly: Exhale the vapor slowly into a napkin, clothing, or nose to minimize visibility. Alternatively, you can use the “ghost hit” technique, where you briefly hold the vapor in your mouth, then quickly inhale it back in, reducing the vapor that escapes.
- Be mindful of your surroundings: Choose appropriate locations to stealth vape, avoiding crowded or confined spaces and areas where vaping is prohibited.
- Conceal your device: Keep your vaping device hidden when not in use, either your pocket or another discreet location.
While stealth vaping can be helpful for some, it is crucial to remember that it is still subject to local laws and regulations. Always be aware of and respect no-vaping zones and public sentiment towards vaping to maintain a positive image for the community.
Method 2 – Open Windows When You Vape
The most common and effective way to get vape smoke indoors is by keeping your windows open while you Vape. All you need is a chair near the window, or you can stand near the window. This reduces the amount of vape smoke lingering indoors, helps with the smell going out, and prevents stains on the walls and other surfaces.
But this cheapest way has more drawbacks than benefits. If your room is on the ground floor, opening a window towards the inside of your home might not be a safer option. Outgoing vapor can also be easily spotted from outside.
Furthermore, You cannot open your window for a more extended period if it’s chilly weather. If the air quality is terrible, you can be more prone to air pollution and allergies. So this is not a recommended technique to use.
Method 3 – Use A Trap Device
Have you tried the Smoke Trap + Filter (available here)? If not, You need to try this device to hide your vape smoke. This $20 product can magically disappear and cleanse your vape smoke as if all went through thin air.
The Smoke Trap + portable filter works on the principle of a HEPA filter air Purifier and is equipped with a 4-stage HEPA filter to reduce it. This small bottle-like filter can also eliminate the vape smell as it contains an activated coconut carbon filter.
Here are some other awesome features it has to offer:
- Its filters are Long-lasting and can last for more than 500 Puffs.
- Heavy Duty Portable Design For Maximum Air Flow and long-lasting Filter.
- It comes with a comfortable Rubber Mouthpiece, which is easy to use and Creates A Tight Seal.
- Hydrophobic Mouthpiece Screen – Keeps HEPA Filter Dry & Clean To Extend The Filter Life Even More.
- Easy Replaceable Filter Cartridge System With 100% Recyclable Filters
- The Smoke Trap + Comes With A Filter Inside, Ready For Use
Using Smoke Trap + for vaping is the most efficient and effective. Although it has one major drawback, you probably won’t be able to conceal your vaping habit from someone if they see this product in your bag.
Method 4 – Use an Air Purifier When You Vape
If you have an old air purifier, turn it on while vaping inside your home or room. If you don’t own an air purifier, you should buy one because of its numerous benefits. And Air Purifiers are not EXPENSIVE at all.
You can find an effective air purifier for less than $50. A small air purifier will be enough to do the job if you are vaping inside your room.
Air purifiers will reduce the smoke and purify the indoor air quality by filtering harmful particles larger than 0.3 microns, including pollen and pet dander. This is one of the most compelling and modern ways.
Method 5 – Switch from Nicotine Vaping (The Best Way)
You can switch from nicotine vaping to CBD products to avoid substantial clouds and vape smoke indoors. Full spectrum CBD products like CBD oils, gummies, or disposable CBD vapes are good recreational products.
These products are low on THC (psychoactive components that make you high) and have a higher concentration of Cannabidiol, which can help you overcome nicotine addiction.
How to Get Rid Of Vape Clouds
If you’re looking to reduce the amount of vapor clouds produced while vaping, there are a few things you can try:
- Adjust your airflow: Most vape devices have adjustable airflow settings that allow you to control the amount of air that flows through the device. By reducing the airflow, you can decrease the amount of vapor produced.
- Use a higher resistance coil: Coils with higher resistance require less power to heat up, which can result in less vapor production.
- Lower your wattage: If you’re using a variable wattage device, try lowering the wattage to reduce the amount of vapor produced.
- Use a lower VG e-liquid: E-liquids with higher VG (vegetable glycerin) content tend to produce more vapor than those with higher PG (propylene glycol) content. Switching to an e-liquid with a higher PG content can help reduce vapor production.
- Exhale into a towel or cloth: If you’re in a public place and don’t want to produce large vapor clouds, exhaling into a towel or cloth can help absorb some of the vapor.
It’s important to note that reducing vapor production can also affect the flavor and overall vaping experience, so it’s important to find a balance that works for you.
More Tips And Tricks For Hiding Vape Smoke Clouds
How To Hide Vape Smoke In The Bathroom
If you blow huge clouds of vape smoke in a small bathroom, it will probably smell terrible. So, step one is to ensure you have some air freshener or a scented candle on hand to cover up any lingering smells.
Next, let’s talk about the smoke vape technique. The key to hiding your vape smoke is to exhale slowly and steadily, keeping the vapor close to your mouth. Avoid exhaling directly into the air or towards the ceiling, as this will make it more obvious. Instead, aim your exhale towards the ground or even into a towel or piece of clothing.
Another tip is to turn on the bathroom fan if you have one. This will help to circulate the air and dissipate the vapor more quickly. If you don’t have a fan, consider cracking open a window or using a portable fan to create some airflow.
And finally, be mindful of your vape juice. Some flavors are more potent than others and can leave a more pungent smell. Stick to lighter, more subtle flavors if you want to stay under the radar.
Hiding Smoke From Your Parents
We’ve got a sneaky little vaper on our hands trying to keep their parents in the dark! You really should not be hiding anything from your parents! But if you must…
If you’re trying to hide your vape smoke from your parents, you’ll want to find a spot that’s out of sight and out of mind. This could be your bedroom, a bathroom with a fan, or even outside if you’ve got a private spot.
Another tip is to use a vape with lower vapor production. This will make vaping less noticeable and less likely to draw attention. Stick to more discreet devices and avoid blowing vast clouds of vapor.
And finally, be mindful of your surroundings. If you’re in a shared space with your parents, make sure you’re not vaping too close to them or in a way that could be disruptive. And remember, honesty is always the best policy. If you’re caught, it’s better to come clean and have an open and honest conversation with your parents. They have been in the same place when they were your age!
If you are a parent, you may want to read this article from Nebraska Medicine on this same subject and cigarettes.
How To Hide A Vape At Home
If you are looking to hide a vape, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, it is important to be discreet and respectful of others. Vaping in public places where it is not allowed can be seen as rude and potentially harmful to others.
Some tips for hiding a vape include using a smaller device that is easier to conceal, such as a pod system or a pen-style vape. You can also choose a low-odor e-liquid to minimize the smell. Additionally, you can try to vape in a private area where you will not be seen or heard, such as a bathroom or a secluded outdoor area.
It is important to note that hiding a vape may not be the best idea, as it can lead to sneaking and potentially harmful behavior. It is always best to be honest and open about your vaping habits and to follow any rules or regulations in your area.
Ultimately, it is important to consider the potential risks and consequences of vaping and to make informed decisions about your health and well-being.
Winding Up Your Vapes
Vaping is not suitable for health as it has long-term side effects and no benefits, but it has a lower risk of diseases than cigarette smoking and is not recommended at any cost. But if you are into Vaping and want to hide or reduce the cloud when you exhale, These are some of the tested and effective options and places to do so.